Varhadi Chicken by Uzma Ahmad using Varhadi Masala
This wonderful recipe, using Veerappa Varhadi Masala, has been submitted by Ms Uzma Ahmad.
😍🍗 Varhadi Chicken Curry 🍗😍
1 kg chicken pieces
1/2 cup mustard oil
1-inch cinnamon stick
1 or 2 cloves
1 or 2 green cardamom pods
1 or 2 black cardamom
1/2 tsp black Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp black pepper
1_2 bay leaf
4 medium onion finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp Veerappa Varhadi Masala (Alternatively, you may use Veerappa Ghati, Goda or Garam Masala)
4 tbsp curd
Salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash the chicken pieces and put Chicken pieces in a strainer so that all the excess water drain out.
2. Place a deep pan or kadahi over medium heat and add the oil. When small bubbles appear at the bottom of the pan, add all the whole garam masala and sauté for 1 minute.
3. When the spices change color and are fragrant, add the onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Then add chicken pieces and fry till golden brown. Then add the ginger and garlic paste, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Then add the salt, red chilli and Kashmiri red chilli powder. Stir well.
6. Add Veerappa Varhadi Masala n saute few minutes.
7. Add some water, cover with lid and Cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until the Chicken is cooked through.
8. Add curd and saute few minutes till oil comes to the top.
9. Lastly add sufficient water (like chicken covered not fully covered with water) and cook in slow flame until get a nice gravy. Finally add chopped coriander leaves, mix well. Serve hot with steamed rice, Pulao, roti or paratha.